Soho House Berlin
Soho House Berlin is a private members’ club with 40 bedrooms and 20 apartments. Set over eight floors of a restored Bauhaus building in the Mitte district, in Torstraße 1, Soho House Berlin includes a full Cowshed Spa and gym, a rooftop pool, restaurants, bars, a screening room and a private dining area.
Originally opened in 1928 as the department store 'Kaufhaus Jonass', the property was seized by the wartime government before being occupied by the post-war, Communist regime until 1956. It was then used to house the Communist Party archives and the Central Committee’s Historical Institution. After German reunification the building was legally returned to the descendants of its original owners.
Soho House was founded in London, in 1995, as a private members’ club for those in film, media and creative industries and has since expanded to include Houses across Europe and North America, as well as restaurants, cinemas, spas and hotels.