The Ellington Hotel Berlin in the House Nuremberg
The address already stands for itself: Nürnberger Straße 50-55. In the twenties and thirties everybody in Berlin wanted to dance in the famous ballroom "Femina", which offered desk phones and even had a hydraulic roof that enabled "a party under the open sky".
After the war, the jazz fans gathered there in the socalled "bathtube", the hottest jazz club in town. In the seventies the address then stood for the absolute in-disco "jungle", where stars like Frank Zappa, David Bowie, Carlos Santana, Iggy Pop, or Barbara Streisand partied until the morning.
The Ellington Hotel moved to a prestigious address that can be found in every architectural guide for Berlin available. The "Nuremberg House", as it was originally called, has one of the longest, most striking, and perhaps one of the most beautiful facade of the German modernism.
The “Tauentzien” or “Femina Palace”, that`s how the house was also called, was designed by the very successful architect-team Richard Bielenberg and Josef Moser. In their office in the Fasanenstraße in Charlottenburg the duo has planned since 1905 numerous famous commercial and office buildings.
Source: Ellington Hotel Berlin